Fasting is to abstain from food
1/28 will break fast during service
- It will take diligence to go through the fast.
- You must be earnest and serious about fasting.
- Isaiah 58:6 – Fast that God chooses. Kind of fast that pleases Him.
- Joel 2:13 – God wants our hearts
- Prayer is essential while fasting.
- Areas of focus to pray concerning:
- Restoration in our nation, government, leadership
- Wholeness to our families. How to help our loved ones.
- Poor (hungry), homeless
- Divine health/healing, restored years and health
- Business ideas that will prosper
- Breaking sinful habits and vices
- Be sensitive to what the Spirit is saying to you
- Every Sunday bring food for the Food Bank of VA
- Drink plenty of water, can also drink juice and herbal tea while fasting
- No sodas, alcohol and wine
- No junk food or sweets
- Eat fruits, vegetable and lean meats
- Limit electronic devices unless absolutely necessary
- Limit what you watch on TV and internet